Occupation: ESOL tutor
Location in Picture: Bournemouth, England
1. What was the first pair of flip flops you ever owned?
Woolworth’s 99p jobies! Extremely de rigueur in the 70s!!!
2. Are you a fair weather or all seasons flip flop wearer?
Definitely fair weather! Don’t do chilblains, they clash with my ‘twiglet toe’ – not so pretty!
3. The tide is coming in and about to claim your flip flops or your lunch… which do you save?
My Havaianas every time!
4. Favorite beach?
Cape Peninsula – South Africa.
5. Favorite beach/island if money was no object?
Tough one! Between Manly beach (Sydney) or Cape Peninsula (South Africa)
6. Best thing you’ve ever seen whilst stood in your flip flops?
Flying into Bournemouth International Airport on a private G5 jet which was returning from Wilmington, North Carolina…. It is the ‘only way’ to fly!!!
7. So why the love of flip flops? What’s it date back to?
Halycon days in the hot summers of the 70s – pre-global warming.
8. Sum up your personal philosophy on life?
Don’t waste time being ‘cautious’ because you’ll miss out on the best adventures of your life!
9. Any final word or thought you want to share with our readers?
Don’t cry because it’s over; smile because the best is yet to come!
And with that Jacquie is off to spread smiles and chatter around the classrooms of Bournemouth. Thanks Jacquie for letting us into your flip flop corner of the World!
Writer: Josh Aggars www.facebook.com/josh.aggars
If you have great stories about your adventures in flip flops and life at the beach and would like to appear in the ‘We Love Flip Flops because’ features please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.