Name: Leon Gomez
Occupation: “Fearless Leader” of MyCircles.com
Location in Picture: Miami Beach
1. What was the first pair of flip flops you ever owned?
I have had flip flops since I can remember walking. Growing up in South Florida they are a part of everyone’s essentials.
2. Are you a fair weather or all seasons flip flop wearer?
Without question, all seasons!
3. The tide is coming in and about to claim your flip flops or your lunch… which do you save?
Food is easily replaced, my flip flops and the stories they hold would be saved before any mere lunch.
4. Favorite beach?
Any beach in warm climate is a good beach, but the beaches in South Florida are my favorite simply because they are in close proximity.
5. Favorite beach/island if money was no object?
Megan’s Bay in St. Thomas is gorgeous and one of my other favorites.
6. Best thing you’ve ever seen whilst stood in your flip flops?
I have fond memories of going to the beach wearing flip flops late at night with old girlfriends while being single and having some midnight fun…
7. So why the love of flip flops? What’s it date back to?
Flip flops represent many of the great things in life that I enjoy such as being a non-conformist and feeling free. I love feeling the ocean and sand through my flip flops and wiggling my toes in them.
8. Sum up your personal philosophy on life?
9. Any final word or thought you want to share with our readers?
There are many roads to travel, but traveling them in flip flops just makes them more fun. I hope you have been able to enjoy your adventures in flip flops as much as I have and look forward to the ones that are yet to come. Wherever you are, I hope you enjoy your favorite pair of flip flops!
And with that Leon, “Fearless Leader” of MyCircles.com, a social network that will be launching soon, heads out into the blazing sunshine of Miami Beach to spread more of his positive vibes to all he meets. Leon hosts monthly parties at the Hard Rock Cafe in South Florida and cordially invites you all to the next party on Friday, Feb. 4th, if you’re in the area. Thanks Leon for letting us into your flip flop World.
Writer: Josh Aggars www.facebook.com/josh.aggars
If you have great stories about your adventures in flip flops and life at the beach and would like to appear in the ‘We Love Flip Flops because’ features please email us at email@example.com.